The Gamecube controller is an iconic gamepad that has long been the go-to for many gamers. Unfortunately, there are no native drivers to use this controller with Steam on PC. However, it can be used by using a third party driver called SC Controller.
This post will provide instructions on how to install and configure SC Controller so you can start playing your favorite games again! Gamecube controllers are great because they have a very ergonomic design, which makes them comfortable to hold for extended periods of time.
They also have a number of buttons that allow for more control in certain situations than just using keyboard controls alone. Lastly, the analog sticks are closer together, which gives better precision when aiming or navigating through menus in first person shooters.
How to use Gamecube Controller on Steam
In this guide, you will learn how to make a Gamecube controller work with Steam? (Rushdown Revolt, Slap City).
A USB adapter makes it easy to use a GameCube controller on the Switch, as long as you are in docked mode. The GCN has fewer features and buttons compared to Joy-Cons or Nintendo’s Pro Controller. For example, “Mario Tennis Aces” and “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe” are easier to play with this setup. You can also configure some games like “Rocket League,” but certain titles will be limited due to not having enough keys.
Here are some of the points to use a Gamecube Controller with steam:
- Install a software whether Wii U USB or vJoy Device Driver, try to download the latest versions
- As soon as they get installed, press “RUN” and set up the file
- Select a shortcut location you want that program to store in.
- As soon as the installation gets completed, Zadig named window will come forward.
- After following the instructions carefully and press to the options to select a list of devices
- From a default, the window selects the WUP-028 from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the 057E and 0337 figures are on the USB ID boxes.
- Later on, select the big Replace Driver and confirm yes.
- Instantly when you close the window, the vJoy Device Driver will come forward.
- Start clicking to the next until the “Install” button will come. Just install whatever is left, and you are done. CONGRATS!
We all know how easy our lives have been made with the birth of emulators. They have made everything possible as your PC is also your Xbox, PlayStation, or can be anything with the help of an emulator. Here we will discuss a few points on how a person can use a Gamecube controller with the help of an emulator.
- By reaching the x360ce website, you can see, there are two versions of the software you can download from anyone.
- Unzip the downloaded file in a folder to identify quickly
- By following the steps given by the software, install it properly.
- After that, generate the necessary file of the software.
- Anytime soon, a window will pop up over your screen with “New Device Detected.” All that eventually means the program has picked up the vJoy device and desires to be get configured
- By choosing the “Search Automatically for the Settings” option later press internet search and go next
- Now, if you get another device detected, go for “Next” and “Finish.”
We will demonstrate how to use the x360ce and Wii U GCN adapter with a few easy steps. First, make sure that both of these software is installed before you open either one up.
- After opening the software, click to start.
- Some sort of message will come forward as in “Port 1 – 4 Detected.”
- Come back to the x360ce. With your controllers rammed into their corresponding ports. Next, tick on the identical controller tags in x360ce, adjudicate holding any key and recognize if it answers on the screen.
- Next, we will customize the analog stick responsiveness perspectives. For example, Anti-Dead zone settings can do it to 80% and the Dead Zone settings to 30%.
By now, we are almost done, here are just a few considerations left to be done:
- Later go to the folder of the x360ce, copy the file.
- Paste those files in the Steam folder by following the instructions; C > Program Files> Steam > Steamapps > Common > “Game Title”
Congrats, we are done!
Suppose you’ve followed the steps in this guide. Congratulations! You should now be able to enjoy your GameCube controller with Steam. Remember that there are plenty of other games on Steam outside of what we have covered here, so don’t hesitate to give them a try. We hope you enjoyed our guide, and remember you can always share it below if it helped you out. Thanks for reading!